Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just my day! I just smiled my way through it.

OH MY GOODNESS!

Little Aaron has had this congested nose thingy going on for 3-4 weeks now. I knew the doctor wouldn't give me anything for this so I just dealt with it. It didn't effect how he acted at all and things seemed fine. Well this past weekend he became Evil baby. He was sleeping only a hour at a time (in the middle of the night), he screamed anytime he was set down, he wasn't eating well, and running a low-grade fever. So this morning....

7:40AM (oops alarm clock didn't go off, woke up at this time on my own!!!!)

I ran and got Sheridan and Josie up. I threw their clothes at them and told them to move as fast as they could. LOL. Yeah right! I got myself a 4 minute shower, threw some clothes on, and brushed my teeth. I got the baby up and started to change him and GUESS WHAT...he began peeing everywhere. So bathing him in the sink ate up another 5 minutes. Got him done. Packed the diaper bag. Grapped poptarts for the girls and we booked it! In the midst of this I let the dog out, turned off all the lights, and hung the phone up.

Would most men be able to do that...I think not! I know for a fact Big Aaron would have forgot the diaper bag, the baby wouldn't have socks on, and EVERY light in the house would have been on. Oh and I grabbed poptarts for the toddlers, go me!

So at 8:10AM (can you believe it) I was loading the kids in the car. Let me tell you, yesterday it was sunny and 70+ degrees outside. No not today!!!! Mother Nature decided it needed to be freezing and raining. What does Josie do? She ran around the side of the house to pick a flower! AHHHHHHH! Ok we are all in the car now!

Oh it gets better!!!!

The gas light is on!!!! Are you serious??? Just let me be struck by lightening! Get gas and I am back on the road. It is 8:20. I am driving in the rain to the doctors that is 45 minutes away from my house. My appointment is at 9am! No worries, we made it! Luckily or I would have had to throw myself in traffic.

Here is the BILL!
$60.01 Balance the insurance didn't pay from an appointment in January.
$35.00 Copay
$20.80 Charge for the visit.
$30.00 2-prescriptions.
Totaling= 145.81

And not to mention I used about 10 bucks in gas to get there and back!!!! Oh and I have to rent a breathing treatment thing from them and I am sure the insurance company will just love that!

So all in all the baby had Bronchiolitis. Which is a common illness of the respiratory tract caused by an infection that affects the tiny airways, called the bronchioles, that lead to the lungs. As these airways become inflamed, they swell and fill with mucus, making breathing difficult. WOW. That was a shock. And he has an ear infection. He might have asthma from now on!

He is great during the breathing treatments though and they help immediately. He just sits there and lets me hold the mask to his face. Which is unlike him. He has a temper!!!!! Oh and of course I had to make two different trips to the Pharmacy because there was a problem with one of them!

All is well. I just needed to vent and I am so glad my littleman feels better!

1 comment:

  1. What a day is right!! WOW-- Super Shawna to save the day!!

    Glad that Aaron is doing better-- told you to open his window when I was there!!

    ReplyDelete