Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My 1st day of Sheridan going to School


Okay there is no short version, sorry. I woke almost every hour on the hour last night. Yes! I was nervous about my little girl going to school. At 6am I fell back asleep and was sleeping good, only to have the baby wake me up for a bottle. No point in going back to bed, because Sheridan is going to get up in 20 minutes!

I woke her up at 7:20AM......

Me: "Baby girl, Time to get ready for school"

Sheridan: (stretching and moaning) "I just want to go back to bed"

ME: (Laughing) Come on, it's your first day!!!!!

She sits up, smiles, and agrees. She picks Cheerios and put her clothes on. She is coaching me the whole time. "You will be okay momma, don't be sad". She was so cute! SO we ALL are heading out the door and Aaron reaches back in the door and locks it! As he is pulling it closed, I say, "KEYS!". Of course I didn't grab keys because we are walking 3 houses down to the bus stop! Why lock it????!!!!! He panics, turns around, turns the handle, duh locked!!!!

So I told him, "oh well...lets walk her to the bus stop and figure out the rest later". So here is when it gets cute. She sees her friends and is standing by them. The bus pulls up and the kids get in a straight line, waiting to cross the street. Sheridan just stands there! I forgot to tell her that part! So I kinda yell, "Sheridan get in the line Honey!" She looks at them and goes to the line. Then the kids get the okay to cross. All (meaning only 3 others) cross. Well as soon as Sheridan gets in front of the bus, she looks back and pauses for a second! My heart broke! She kinda froze! I can imagine the front of a bus to someone as tiny as her, is intimidating! So I said, "go on, you've got it". So I felt like a complete dork, but it was my time to coach her. The two other girls at the bus stop sat together and well Sheridan walked right up to them and they let her sit in between them!!!! Thank goodness. I felt my knees shaking at that point!

She waves. I turn to walk home with tears running down my face. Next stop...the locked front door. As I walk crying and holding my baby boy, I pray to God. I prayed, "Please, please Lord, let us just get into the house". Aaron tries the back 2doors, both locked. Then by a miracle...the front door was unlocked! Unbelievable to us! Aaron tried it and it was locked! And then it wasn't. Praise God! I think we had our angel, Jarrod, looking out for us this morning.

1 comment: